Doing things differently is hard. Implementing a strategic direction takes time, energy and commitment - often in the face of competing pressures and established ways of working. Without support. managers feel overwhelmed, isolated and frustrated in delivering change - and strategy fails to embed.
Most strategy stumbles at the first hurdle and very little is executed successfully. Only 5% of public spending initiatives achieve the full range of intended benefits, while two thirds is delivered late or over budget - if at all. We can do better!
In this one-day workshop session, local government chief executives and senior managers receive the tools to close the strategy execution loop, to make change stick.
What You Learn
1. The first hurdle: Why strategy execution fails
- The execution gap
- Clarity and focus
- Thinking vs doing: the pressure test
2. Bridge the Gap: How to translate strategy into operational priorities
- Pushing back
- Making trade-offs
- Aligning budgets, services and processes
3. Walk the Talk: Practical steps to make change stick
- Implementation planning
- Embedding new behaviours
- Monitoring and support
- Change and review.
What You Get
- Diagnostic survey to determine your decision-making personality and what that means for your personal management style
- Custom training workbook
- Useful reading material
- A suite of tips, tricks and useful frameworks to implement at the coalface
- Complimentary follow-up session with Alicia.